Find and Download Great-Looking Excel and PowerPoint Charts
Chart Chooser is an online tool that answers two questions we commonly get:
- What type of chart should I use to show my data?
- How can I make good looking Excel or PowerPoint charts?
Chart Chooser is easy:
- Check the boxes on the left that best describe your objective
- Select the chart that you want to use
- Choose from Excel or PowerPoint downloads to get a formatted chart template
A few notes about Chart Chooser:
- Thanks to Andrew Abela of Extreme Presentations for inspiring Chart Chooser with his “Choosing a Good Chart” post and for working with us to put this tool together.
- We’ve tried to make the charts both Tufte-compliant (i.e. minimal chart-junk) and visually attractive (thanks to Google for the color scheme).
- Feel free to suggest other types of charts that you’d like to see in the Chart Chooser. Send an example to email@example.com.
- If you’d like a customized version of Chart Chooser for your organization, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 202.251.7750.